Saturday, July 25, 2009

Eat Local Week - How'd you do?

Well the eat local challenge week is over - how did it go? The goal was to eat at least one local product a day. I am not sure I ate local every day, but I am sure I got my seven in. Here is what I ate:

From my garden:

  • Green beans (3 times)

  • Eggplant (2 times)

  • Cucumber

  • Jalepeno pepper

  • Basil

From the farmers' market:
  • Green peppers

  • Onions

  • Tomatoes (3 times)
I was also fortunate to have a co-worker bring me some tomatoes from his own yard. When will my tomatoes ever turn red?

Although this is a lot more local food than I ate a couple of years ago, I still have a long way to go. For instance, I did not eat any local meat, eggs, cheese, or fish.

In a couple weeks I will be starting my personal eat local week. During this week I challenge myself to make all of my dinners from entirely locally produced food. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment